After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Define trauma,, its prevalence in our patients' lives and its impact on health.
2. Define trauma informed care and its benefits in women's healthcare.
3. Define vicarious trauma, compassion fatigue and chronic stress and their effects on burnout.
Julie Thompson, DO
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Franklin Medical Center
Marty T. Hadge, BS
Springfield College Human Service
Trainer, Western Mass Recovery Learning Community
Co-facilitator, Hearing Voices, Holyoke Group
Community Bridger for Western MA RLC
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours