After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Understand the difference between initial inpatient, subsequent patient and inpatient consults as defined by CPT
2. Review examples of documentation to identify history, exam and medical decision making
3. Choose the correct level of service for new and established patients based on documentation
Sherill Acevedo, CPC, CPC-1
BMP Revenue Integrity
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the planners or faculty for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours