After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Define and describe prevalent social determinates in Springfield Ma.
2. Describe a community centered approach in medical education to address health equity.
3. Explain theories and strategies in health equity solutions.
Sarah Perez McAdoo MD, MPH
Population Health Capstone Director
Co-Leader Capstone Scholarship and Discovery Course
Brightwood House Affiliate
Population based Urban and Rural Community Health (PURCH)
University of Massachusetts Medical School - Baystate
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 2.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 2.00 ASWB Continuing Education Credit(s)
- 2.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours