It's a New Decade! Achieving Breastfeeding/Chestfeeding Success in Unique Situations - Friday
Date & Location:
Tuesday, October 20, 2020 ~ The Log Cabin, 500 Easthampton Road, Holyoke, MA, 202
Register by October 4th and save $10.00. Use coupon Code BF2020
Information on Room Block coming soon.
This educational program is designed to provide attendees with evidenced based research and skills that will support knowledge for optimum support and guidance of breastfeeding families.
Baystate Health Lactation Services and Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education
This course is designed for (list target audience)
Re-lactation, Resuming Milk Production after Days, Weeks or even Months
- Define relactation and inducing lactation.
- Understand how the body can make milk without immediately following pregnancy and birth.
- Gain the skills to customize for their client/patient a protocol for Inducing Lactation.
- Suggest specific tools/techniques for each step of their client’s protocol for inducing lactation or relactation.
Tools for Supplementing Breastfeeding ReLATCHtation” Transitioning from Bottle–feeding to At-Breast/Chest Feeding
- Describe the circumstances when a parent might be transitioning from bottle to breast/chest.
- Identify challenges transitioning from bottle to breast/chest.
- Discuss successful breastfeeding/chestfeeding.
- Use the Building Blocks to Breastfeeding/Chestfeeding.
Success in Early Postpartum: Causes and Current Evidence Based Practices for Sore Nipples, Thrush, Edema, Engorgement, Mastitis, and Plugged Duct
- Identify at least two evidence-based treatments for sore nipples and engorgement.
- Identify two common inappropriate treatments for sore nipples.
- Define clinical engorgement and normal postpartum breast fullness.
- Identify at least one cause, treatment, and prevention of plugged ducts, thrush, and mastitis.
The Impact of Social Media on New Mothers
- Identify at least three ways moms are using social media during their pregnancy, labor, and early parenting.
- Identify two positive and negative impacts of social media on pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- List two ways to interact with new mothers on social without compromising privacy.
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education (CE) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty or planning committee have commercial relationships with commercial companies providing goods or services used on patients.
There is free surface parking.
Meeting Room temperatures will fluctuate.
In support of improving patient care, Baystate Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 6.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 6.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
|Register Early and SAVE $10 -- Use coupon code BF2020|
This coupon expires 10 days before the event.
|In order to receive CREDIT, the evaluation must be completed by:||Thu, 12/31/2020 - 11:30pm|
We appreciate your business and sincerely wish to meet your educational needs. We understand that the schedule of a busy professional, like yourself, is subject to change. Therefore, we have included information about our refund/cancellation policies for your convenience below.
If you must cancel, telephone Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education at 413-322-4242 and follow your call with a written/email request. All cancellations will incur a $25.00 fee. Please note that we cannot refund cancellations received less than two weeks (10 business days) before the program date.
Your refund, less a cancellation fee, will be processed within two (2) weeks from the date we receive the written notification. For credit card refunds, please allow one to two (1-2) billing cycles for the credit to appear on your statement.
Specific Aids or Services:
Please call Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education at 413-322-4242 if, under the Americans with Disabilities Act, you require specific aids or services during your visit to this continuing education program.