It's a New Decade! Achieving Breastfeeding/Chestfeeding Success in Unique Situations - Thursday
Date & Location:
Monday, October 19, 2020 ~ The Log Cabin, 500 Easthampton Road, Holyoke, MA
Register by October 4th and save $10.00. Use coupon Code BF2020
Information on Room Block coming soon.
This educational program is designed to provide attendees with evidenced based research and skills that will support knowledge for optimum support and guidance of breastfeeding families.
Baystate Health Lactation Services and Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education
This course is designed for (list target audience)
A Gentle Touch: The unique Breastfeeding Needs of Post Cesarean Mothers
- List three potential risks to breastfeeding post-cesarean section.
- Define family-centered cesarean.
- Identify three things nurses/doulas/LCs can do that can help ease challenges associated with cesarean section.
Express Yourself: The Latest and Greatest on Hand Expression
- Identify two ways lactation individuals can maximize output during expression.
- Demonstrate breast massage to assist with expression
- List at least one reason why breast shield selection is important to expression
The Unique Needs of Non-Gestational Parents: Adoption, Surrogacy, LGBTQ+ and more
- Describe the unique needs of adoptive parents who are inducing lactation.
- Describe the unique needs of intended parents who are inducing lactation.
- Describe the unique needs of foster parents who are inducing lactation.
- Describe the unique needs of the partner of the birthing parent who is inducing lactation.
- Describe the unique needs of trans female parents who are inducing lactation.
- Describe the unique needs of cis-male parents who are inducing lactation.
- Support any of these parents who may choose to breastfeed/chestfeed without lactation.
- Describe the unique needs individuals inducing lactation for reasons other than to feed and nurture their child: adult nursing relationships, milk donation, or post weaning depression or anxiety.
An Individualized Approach to Inducing Lactation and Re-lactation
- Define relactation and inducing lactation.
- Understand how the body can make milk without immediately following pregnancy and birth.
- Gain the skills to customize for their client/patient a protocol for Inducing Lactation.
- Suggest specific tools/techniques for each step of their client’s protocol for inducing lactation or relactation.
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education (CE) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty or planning committee have commercial relationships with commercial companies providing goods or services used on patients.
There is free surface parking.
Meeting Room temperatures will fluctuate.
In support of improving patient care, Baystate Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 6.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 6.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
|Register Early and SAVE $10 -- Use coupon code BF2020|
This coupon expires 10 days before the event.
|In order to receive CREDIT, the evaluation must be completed by:||Thu, 12/31/2020 - 11:30pm|
We appreciate your business and sincerely wish to meet your educational needs. We understand that the schedule of a busy professional, like yourself, is subject to change. Therefore, we have included information about our refund/cancellation policies for your convenience below.
If you must cancel, telephone Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education at 413-322-4242 and follow your call with a written/email request. All cancellations will incur a $25.00 fee. Please note that we cannot refund cancellations received less than two weeks (10 business days) before the program date.
Your refund, less a cancellation fee, will be processed within two (2) weeks from the date we receive the written notification. For credit card refunds, please allow one to two (1-2) billing cycles for the credit to appear on your statement.
Specific Aids or Services:
Please call Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education at 413-322-4242 if, under the Americans with Disabilities Act, you require specific aids or services during your visit to this continuing education program.