After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the healthcare team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. Describe potential procedures/factors which subject them to radiation exposure.
3. Describe types of radiation exposure.
4. Explain the basic tenets of radiation protection.
5. Describe the proper care and handling of radiation protective devices.
6. Describe other potential tools available to reduce radiation exposure.
7. Be aware of the Radiation Dosimetry Policy at Baystate Health.
Steven G. Marsh, MS, DABBP
Radiation Safety Officer
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours