After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the health care team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. Describe how POCUS can positively impact perioperative clinical anesthesia care.
3. Discuss barriers to perioperative POCUS implementation.
4. List indications for POCUS gastric examination in the perioperative period.
5. Describe how to perform Qualitative and Quantitative Assessment of gastric contents.
6. Identify cricothyroid membrane sonographically with POCUS airway exam to enhance emergency needle cricothyroidotomy.
7. Describe the use of POCUS airway ultrasound to confirm endotracheal tube placement.
Cassandre Victor-Vega, MD
Assistant Program Director
Assistant of Anesthesiology
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours