Restrictive versus Liberal Fluid Therapy for Major Abdominal Surgery
After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the health care team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. Discuss physiologic complications of Restrictive vs Liberal fluid management for major Abdominal surgery.
3. Discuss meaning of ERAS pathway (Enhanced Recovery After Surgery) as perioperative care guideline.
4. Discuss use of Vasopressor use in conjunction with Restrictive hydration in regards to perioperative outcome and complications.
Clara Sanders, MD
Chief, Pediatric Anesthesia
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours