After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the health care team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. Define hypoxia vs. hypoxemia.
3. Present common causes and diagnosis of intraoperative hypoxemia.
4. Discuss intraoperative hypoxemia management.
5. Discuss optimal peep setting recommendation.
6. Discuss phenylephrine overdose emergency treatment.
7. Review Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation (APSF) paradigm for medication safety in the operating room.
Long-Chau Van, DO
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Risk Management