After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the healthcare team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. Describe how to assess a difficulty airway for an anesthesia emergency.
3. Describe the utility in esophageal intubation.
4. Discuss the causes and prevention difficult airway related deaths, specifically by utilization of DART (Difficult Airway Response Team).
5. Describe the difficult airway algorithm.
Salima Powers, MD
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours