After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe details of a recent unique pediatric intraoperative event.
2. Review detail aspects of a Mehta casting procedure.
3. Describe and recognize signs and symptoms presenting during the event.
4. Describe challenges of Mehta casting and subsequent pediatric event.
5. Describe aspects of making differential diagnosis during the pediatric event.
6. Describe treatment plans utilized during the pediatric event.
7. Describe challenges and appropriate response to Fixation Error.
8. Describe challenges and solutions of Medication Errors.
9. Describe presentation of laryngospasm and treatment.
10. Describe strategies to avoid common pediatric complications.
Brian Mason, MD
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours