Brain Protection Strategies for Aortic Arch Surgery
After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the healthcare team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. Discuss history of brain protection in cardiac surgery, especially aortic arch surgery.
3. Describe physiology of brain metabolism.
4. Discuss surgical approach to protect brain.
5. Describe nonsurgical techniques for brain protection.
6. Discuss brain monitoring.
7. Discuss the current tread of brain protection in aortic arch surgery.
Jason Z. Qu, MD
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology
Harvard Medical School
Massachusetts General Hospital
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours