After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the healthcare team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. Explain the prevalence of obesity in the U.S. and identify the health issues associated with it.
3. Identify the factors that contribute to the increasing prevalence of obesity.
4. Determine how increased sugar consumption is a contributing factor to obesity and other health issues.
5. Identify what can be done to reduce sugar consumption both at a national level and a personal level.
Pikeshkumar Patel, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
BMP Greenfield Gastroenterology
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours