After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Identify the primary roles and responsibilities of a preceptor
2. Discuss principles of adult learning and how to effectively utilize them when precepting
3. Demonstrate how to plan and implement the learning experiences when precepting
4. Verbalize appropriate feedback techniques
5. Discuss strategies for conflict management
6. Identify ways to constructively evaluate learning performances
7. Verbalize the appropriate way of completing the competency based orientation checklist.
Stephanie Swan, MSN, RN, CMSRN
Manager of Nursing Education
Baystate Franklin Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 4.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 4.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours