After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Understand how the insurance milieu is transitioning from FFS to Value and what this means for Hospitalists and Physicians.
2. Understand the current insurance climate in the country (Government and Private ACOs and how they are changing) and how they affect Hospitalists.
3. Understand the concept of "Annual Budget" (Vs FFS), the factors affecting it, how Hospitalists impact it (HCC codes), and how we can help improve it.
4. Understand how Hospitalists contribute to Total Medical Expenses (TME), and what we can do to reduce it through:
- Promoting a culture of ambulation
- Minimizing post-acute utilization/VNAs
- Helping reduce unnecessary admissions
- Helping create strategies that reduce re-admissions
- Engaging palliative care more often
Prasanth Prabhakaran, MD
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours