After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Discuss recent data about use of PAP/NIV for COPD patients with chronic hypercarbic respiratory failure.
2. Reflect upon the current state of affairs in the management of OHS and chronic hypercarbic COPD patients and identify approaches to capture and better manage such patients.
3. Review the program initiative at BIDMC for the management/tracking/follow up of these complicated patients.
Melanie Pogach, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Associate Director of Sleep Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours