After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Appropriately utilize newer medications such as cannabidiol and brivaracetam in the treatment of epilepsy.
2. Recognize when the referral for deep brain stimulation may be appropriate in the treatment of epilepsy.
3. Discuss and follow the new treatment guidelines for status epilepticus.
Ian Goldsmith, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours