After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. describe the role of preceptors in the orientation process.
2. discuss in the planning and implementation of a learning experience.
3. identify the principles of adult learning.
4. explain how competencies are assessed as part of the orientation process.
5. explain the guidelines for providing effective feedback.
Arlene Kruzel, MSN, RN-BC
Nursing Education Specialist
Nursing Practice and Professional Development
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 3.50 ANCC Contact Hours
- 3.50 BCIPE Instructional Hours