After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the need for fertility discussion and counseling in the transgender patient.
2. Describe the potential impact hormonal and surgical therapies have on fertility and fertility preservation in transgender men and women.
3. Review available fertility preservation options and the known reproductive outcomes.
Meaghan Delaney, MD
Physician, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology
Baystate Medical Center
University of Massachusetts School of Medicine-Baystate
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education (CE) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options.
Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity. None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours