After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the healthcare team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. Define delirium.
3. Address medical reasons for delirium using the pneumonic "BRAIN MAPS".
4. List interventions to reduce delirium in PICU patients.
5. Correctly assess for delirium in the PICU using the pCAM-ICU tool.
Kristy Parker, BS, RN
Assistant Nurse Manager/Educator
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 2.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 2.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours