After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Discuss a case presentation of a 15 year old with a painful swollen thigh and poor eye contact. Develop a differential diagnosis.
2. Articulate the need for both a diagnostic interview and diagnostic observation to establish the diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder.
3. Be able to name and describe the two most common tools for diagnostic interview and diagnostic observation of autism spectrum disorder.
4. Recognize common medical sequelae of autism spectrum disorder including nutritional deficiencies.
5. Consider the use of a prompting sheet to improve anticipatory guidance with the children with autism spectrum disorder or other developmental disabilities.
Stephen Contompasis, MD
Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics
Baystate Medical Center
Shannon Kay, PH.D., BCBA-D is a stock shareholder in Allergan, Pfizer, Glaxosmithklein, Merck, Gilead.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 APA American Psychological AssociationBaystate Health is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Baystate Health maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours