After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the epidemiology of opioid-related harm in the US, with focus on adolescents and young adults.
2. Prescribe opioids in a manner that reduces the likelihood of risk for long-term opioid use and addiction.
3. Demonstrate evidence-based screening and treatment for youth with opioid use disorder.
Scott Hadland, MD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Boston University School of Medicine
Shannon Kay, PH.D., BCBA-D is a stock shareholder in Allergan, Pfizer, Glaxosmithklein, Merck, Gilead.
10/22/2019 - 8:00am to 9:00am EDT
Baystate Medical Center
759 Chestnut Street
Springfield, MA 01199
See map: Google Maps
Add to calendar:
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 APA American Psychological AssociationBaystate Health is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Baystate Health maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Risk Management