After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Define the four characteristics of a caregiving relationship necessary for healthy attachment
2. Recognize the most common symptoms of trauma in children
3. Identify seven resilience skills that should be supported in children
4. Formulate a strategy to respond to children who present with trauma symptoms
Heather Forkey, MD
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
UMASS Medical School
Shannon Kay, PH.D., BCBA-D is a stock shareholder in Allergan, Pfizer, Glaxosmithklein, Merck, Gilead.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 1.00 APA Psychologists American Psychological AssociationBaystate Health is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Baystate Health maintains responsibility for this program and its content.