1. Describe corrective action strategies in order to optimize patient outcomes
2. Discuss applicable trauma management guidelines
3. Identify the outliers in pediatric trauma care where there was potential for improved performance and outcomes.
4. Rate the preventability of the outlier pediatric trauma cases for system issues, communication issues, disease issues, and/or provider issues.
David Tashjian, MD, FACS, FAAP
Associate Professor of Surgery and Pediatrics
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours