After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe key insights about physician leadership as viewed through the prism of a 12-year, multinational, disease eradication effort.
2. Identify critical phenotypic features of physician leaders
3. Apply leadership insights to organizational strategy
4. Define basic financial terms; e.g. FTE, operating margin, etc.
5. Differentiate the components of BH’s revenue and expense streams.
6. Explain why, even as a not-for-profit, it is critical for BH to still generate its planned operating margin.
7. Recognize the BH fiscal calendar and budget process timing.
Andrew W. Artenstein, MD
Chief Physician Executive & Chief Academic Officer, Baystate Health
President, Baystate Medical Practices
Regional Executive Dean, UMMS-Baystate
Professor of Medicine, UMMS-Baystate
Senior Director of finance - Hospital Operations
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 3.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours