After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Review physician salary benchmarking methodology, including the blend used by Baystate Health.
2. Examine the components of the Baystate physician compensation plan.
3. Discuss the physician leader’s role in compensation-related activities.
4. Review national best practices along with Baystate Health processes for successful recruitment.
5. Produce behavioral event interview question to determine skill level of new Baystate Health competencies.
6. Describe the purpose of performance evaluations.
7. Review the performance cycle and process.
8. Review characteristics, prevalence, and etiology of medical provider burnout and its relationship to organizational performance.
9. Analyze individual and systemic factors contributing to the development of burnout.
10. Identify leadership and management strategies for preventing and addressing burnout among medical providers.
VP Operations & Total Rewards
Sr. Director, Physician & A.P. Recruitment
Director, HR Business Partners
BMP, Baystate Health
Barry Sarvet, MD
Chairman, Behavioral Health
BMC, Baystate Health
Professor of Psychiatry, UMMS-Baystate
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 6.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours