After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the healthcare team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. Review changes in the content of the US diet in the industrial age
3. Correlate changes in the US diet and progression of CKD
4. Highlight dietary interventions know to reduce CKD progression
5. Review the benefits of medical nutritional therapy (MNT) and contrast the barriers to utilization
Anthony Poindexter, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours