After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the healthcare team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. Describe the history of central venous catheters and their overall prevalence in dialysis today
3. Discuss an update of evidence-based guidance to prevent central line related bloodstream infections in the dialysis unit
4. Review recent literature and efforts to help avoid the use of central venous catheters in dialysis
Daniel Landry, DO
Chief, Nephrology Division
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours