- Explain the process a potential transplant recipient follows to become listed.
Referral process, Education class, Health screens, initial appointment, TPRC
Review selection criteria and order sheets for updates/initials
- Explain what needs to occur for a transplant patient to remain active on the transplant waiting list.
Update appointments (yearly/biannually)
- Prioritize post-operative care of the transplant patient (donor and recipient).
- Explain a benefit of using teach back throughout the discharge process.
- Explain a benefit of multidisciplinary rounds.
- Describe one psychosocial aspect of the potential transplant recipient’s evaluation
Psychosocial evaluation, SIPAT.
- Explain the process used to manage patients who may have non-compliance or substance abuse concerns throughout the evaluation phase and waitlist period.
- Discuss the process of medication reconciliation.
- Discuss the process of donor medication payments.
Justine Gliesman, MSN, CMSRN
Erin Naglack, PharmD, BCPS
Western New England University
University of Connecticut, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy
Katie Newton, MSW
Transplant Social Worker
Baystate Transplant Program
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 3.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 3.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours