After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Evaluate approach to training residents in robotic techniques
2. Describe the key elements to safe initiation of robotic procedures with residents
3. Describe the final milestones required for an in-training equivalency certificate
John Porterfield, MD
Professor of Surgery
Residency Program Director
The University of Alabama at Birmingham
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
Dr. John Porterfield is consultant/educator for Intuitive Surgical.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 1.00 Category 1 Self-Assessment Maintenance for Surgeons