After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Discuss quality initiatives and continuous quality review in surgical oncology, including enhanced recovery after surgery
2. Discuss the components of ERAS pathways and assess outcomes, including financial impacts
3. Examine the opioid crisis in surgical patients and implement better management of narcotics after common surgical oncology procedures
Hong Jin Kim, MD
Professor of Surgery
University of North Carolina School of Medicine
Chief of Surgical Oncology & Endocrine Surgery
UNC Hospitals Adult Oncology Clinics
Dr.Kim is a consultant for Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc.
None of the members of the planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 1.00 Category 1 Self-Assessment Maintenance for Surgeons