After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the importance of ERAS and perioperative standardization of best practice following surgery.
2. Describe ERAS principles can reduce the surgeon’s contribution to the opioid crisis, reduce length of stay and improve quality metrics
Daniel Engelman, MD
Associate Professor of Surgery
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Medical Director, Surgical Services, Heart & Vascular Center, BMC
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 1.00 Category 1 Self-Assessment Maintenance for Surgeons