After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the healthcare team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. List the common types of vascular surgery
3. Explain the focused nursing physical assessment involved in carotid endarterectomy, limb amputations, arterial bypasses and AAA repairs
4. Describe nursing interventions/implications appropriate to each procedure
5. Identify potential complications with each surgery presented and who to contact.
Shelley V. McAvoy, MSN, RN-BC
CARE Unit/Heart & Vascular PAE
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours