Exploring the Developmnet of Empathy with Nurse Residents in a Nurse Residency Program: A Qualitative Case Study
After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Verbalize an understanding of the historical concepts of empathy in nursing practice.
2. Compare and contrast the key behaviors that support empathy development among nurse residents.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of Swanson's Caring Theory as it applies to the development of empathy.
4. Recognize and reinforce positive empathetc behaviors during mentoring and precepting opportunities.
Connie Blake, EdD, RNC-OB
LDRP RN, UMASS School of Nursing Faculty
Baystate Medical Center
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours