After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Understand the difference in major postoperative pulmonary complications resulting from use of sugammadex instead of neostigmine.
2. Discuss the short and long term financial impact of switching from neostigmine to sugammadex.
3. Understand the difference between clinical and statistical significance.
4. Discuss the side effect profiles of analgesic regimens that contan or omit gabapentinoids.
Alexander Wolf, MD
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours