After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the health care team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. Discuss Deep Hypothermic Circulatory Arrest (DHCA).
3. Discuss the history of DHCA.
4. Discuss what the mechanism of cerebral protection.
5. Review techniques and adjunct techniques of DHCA.
6. Discuss what special monitoring is used.
7. Identify complications of DHCA.
Samyukta Malladi, DO
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours