After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the health care team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. Discuss preoperative care of pulmonary hypertension.
3. Classify pulmonary hypertension.
4. Review preoperative evaluation of pulmonary hypertension patient.
5. Discuss intraoperative goals and management of patient with pulmonary hypertension.
6. Review anesthetic fundamentals.
7. Discuss postoperative management.
Patrick Broderick, D.O.
Department of Anesthesiology
Western Connecticut Medical Group
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AAPA Category 1 CME creditBaystate Health has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 1.00 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PA’s should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours