After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the health care team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. Review the safety record of surgical abortion.
3. Examine the history behind pregnancy and the "full stomach".
4. Discuss the role of point of care gastric U/S to assess aspiration risk in pregnancy.
5. Review the safety record of deep sedation without intubation for surgical abortion case.
6. Highlight the efficacy/safety data for various anesthetic/analgesic options for surgical abortion.
Brian Donnenfeld, MD, MS
Instruction of Anesthesiology
Division Chief, Ambulatory/Gynecologic/Robotic Surgery
Department of Anesthesiology, Pain and Peri-operative Medicine
Harvard Medical School
Brigham and Women's Hospital
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours