After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Understand the role of Shared Decision-Making in patient-centered communication.
2. Perform the steps of effective Shared Decision-Making..
3. Discuss the nuances of Shared Decision-Making in different settings.
Elizabeth Schoenfeld, MD, MS
Department of Emergency Medicine
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours