After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Demonstrate a basic understanding of Provider Finance and Budget Responsibilities as Division Chief.
2. Explain the importance of why strong financial performance is necessary to support the mission of the organization.
3. Define basic financial terms; e.g. operating margin, revenues, expenses, etc.
4. Describe the financial and statistical reports available to monitor practice/division financial performance.
5. Demonstrate ability to review and follow up on financial/statistical actual to budget variances.
Paul Gosselin, BSBA, CPA
Sr. Director, BMP Finance & MPBS
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™