1. Distinguish between long-term impact of genetic discoveries on biological understanding and short-term impact of genetic discovery and diagnosis for individual patients
2. Assess the significance of genetic discoveries related to height, obesity, and other polygenic diseases and traits
3. Appraise the importance and obstacles for gene discovery and diagnosis of monogenic forms of disease.
Hirschhorn, Joel, MD
Chief, Division of Endocrinology,
Boston Children’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours