After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Examine the pharmacologic features of T4 preparations and their linkage with the intestinal absorption of the hormone.
2. Examine the interfering role of nutrients, foods, and drugs on T4 absorption at the gastric and intestinal levels.
3. Analyze the impact of gastrointestinal disorders on T4 treatment efficacy.
4. - Review a schematic diagnostic workup for the most frequent and often hidden gastrointestinal diseases impairing T4 absorption.
Gayatri Jaiswal, MD
Adult and Pediatric Endocrinology
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours