After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
- Discuss Antimicrobial Stewardship and the principles related to Internal Medicine
- Review opportunities for Antimicrobial Stewardship in Hospital Medicine
- Understand recent updates to the BH Empiric Antibiotic Guideline
- Discuss the Baystate Health Antimicrobial Stewardship Resources and Contacts
Jennifer J. Schimmel, MD
Infectious Diseases and Antimicrobial Stewardship
Baystate Health, Department of Infectious Diseases
Lydia J. D’Agostino, PharmD, BCPS, BCIDP
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Infections Diseases
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the other members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™