After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Identify when to call for a subspecialty consultation for suspected GI bleeding
2. Understand the initial workup and management of patients with suspected GI bleeding
3. Understand the role of endoscopy in the management of acute GI bleeding
David Desilets, M.D.
Fellowship Director, Gastroenterology
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the faculty for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
Planning Committee Member Dr. Skiest receives grant/research support through GlaxoSmith Kline and Viiv
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours