After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Define acute kidney injury (AKI) and discuss an efficient and cost-effective approach to evaluating AKI
2. Discuss when to ask a consultant to assist in the management of AKI
3. Discuss some clinical pearls - and pitfalls - to think about when evaluating and managing AKI, with specific consideration for the COVID-19 patient
Daniel Landry, DO
Medical Director, Inpatient Dialysis and Critical Care Nephrology - Baystate Medical Center
Assistant Professor of Medicine - UMMS-Baystate
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the faculty for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
Planning Committee Member Dr. Skiest receives grant/research support through GlaxoSmith Kline and Viiv
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours