After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Define and classify aortic stenosis and potential treatment options for severe aortic stenosis
2. Recognize importance of clinical risks scoring and frailty in TAVR patient
3. Learn potential non-surgical treatment options for bioprosthetic aortic and mitral valve failure
4. Recognize surgical and trans-catheter options of mitral valve repair
Ashequl M. Islam, MPH,FACC, FSCAI
Medical Director, Valvular Heart Disease Program
Professor of Medicine - UMMS Baystate
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the faculty for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
Planning Committee Member Dr. Skiest receives grant/research support through GlaxoSmith Kline and Viiv
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours