After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Name the most important disease to rule out in febrile returning travelers
2. Name one unusual cause of community-acquired pneumonia
3. Name an important cause of an insensate rash
Richard Brown, MD
Professor of Medicine
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
Dr. Brown is a consultant for Express Scripts
Dr. Skiest is receives grant/research support through Gilead, Pfizer, GloxoSmith Kline
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours