After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Learn about the history and development of weight loss surgical procedures
2. Learn about the current state of weight loss surgery
3. Understand where the future in weight loss procedures may develop
John Romanelli,, MD
Professor of Surgery - University of Massachusetts Medical School/Baystate
Minimally Invasive Surgery Fellowship Director
Medical Director, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
Medical Director, Baystate General Surgery Practice
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the faculty for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
Planning Committee Member Dr. Skiest receives grant/research support through GlaxoSmith Kline and Viiv
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours