After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Understand ever present risk of being sued and contributing factors
2. Review and understand the current Mass Laws that govern the filing of medical malpractice 3. Review the litigation process of medical malpractice case in Mass 4. Identify the best practices that mitigate the risk of being sued and the ability to defend a medical malpractice case
Heather Beattie, RN, JD
Senior Director Clinical Safety and Risk Management
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
Planning Committee Member Dr. Skiest is receives grant/research support through Gilead, Pfizer, GlaxoSmith Kline
None of the other members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Risk Management