After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Understand the epidemiology of chronic medical diseases in those with common psychiatric conditions
2. Appreciate how mental health conditions can contribute to barriers to high quality medical care
3. Know some of the ways that psychiatric medications can complicate medical conditions
4. Learn how a comprehensive approach can be applied to the outpatient medical care of the psychiatric patient
Paul Pirraglia, MD, MPH
Chief, Division of General Medicine and Community Health
Assistant Professor of Medicine - UMMS - Baystate
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the faculty for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
Planning Committee Member Dr. Skiest receives grant/research support through GlaxoSmith Kline and Viiv
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours